I know we are in the middle of a heatwave…
Chocolate fudge is an easy and cheap Christmas present that can be tailored to your chosen recipients taste. Have a hard to buy for relative or need a little something extra? This easy chocolate fudge recipe allows you to create the perfect gift and you get bonus points for making something yourself. They also work well for end of year Teacher presents. I’ve tried different variations and recipes and this is the one that works the best.
EASY CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- 400g chocolate
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put it in the slow cooker along with the butter and the condensed milk.
- Cooking times may vary but in mine I put it on high for an hour stirring every ten minutes.
- Tip – use a silicone spoon/spatula.
- Line a 7 by 7 tin or anything you have with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
- Leave it to cool then put it in the fridge to set.
If using a microwave do it in 10 second bursts, stirring in between. The trick is to not overheat it and to stir the chocolate in to melt.
Other Variations – Some of the ones I have tried are:
- 300g milk chocolate / 100g dark orange chocolate
- 300g milk chocolate / 100g white chocolate – Topped with white chocolate chunks. Sprinkle these on once the fudge is in the tray.
- 300g white chocolate / 100g cookies and cream chocolate – Topped with crushed Oreos, as many as you like. Alternatively you can stir these in at the end before pouring.
- 300g milk chocolate / 100g dark orange chocolate. – Sprinkled with grated chocolate orange
- 100g milk chocolate / 200g dark chocolate / 100g mint aero swirled through at the end
- 100g milk chocolate / 300g white chocolate / Tin of caramel condensed milk
I’ve bagged these up in some cute paper bags to give to friends and family as Christmas presents. If you have any other variations, we would love to know them.